Thursday, December 2, 2010

Repentance

The truth prevails
Pushing its way through the tales conjured up by the years
My ears burn with falsehoods that have penetrated my mind
Blinding me and simultaneously destroying my life
Binding me spiritually
Literally creating a dependency on the night
Believing it will keep me
However it kept me from pursuing my own light
Living in the nightfall and sleeping during sunrise
Avoiding its warmth and seeking shade from its influence
Brainwashed by its ugliness
Leaving a stench trailed by the wicked
Or rather the ignorant, but it’s not their fault
They too were fooled by generational fabrication
Ultimately, death becomes the end result
Annihilation at its best
Conform to the norm and you will be blessed
Ignore the footprints tracked in the sand
Blaze your own trail and seek foreign land
Forced by life’s circumstances to put that theory to test
The Truth prevails, conformity fails, and darkness sells
So I sought the Sun for myself
Hoping to replenish the damage suffered by the night’s cold air
Seeking restoration for my generation and my roots
Please nourish the land and bring forth fruit
Submitting to the All Knowing; the more we learn the closer we are
If darkness remains the further apart
We become
Mummified, crawling to survive but just getting by
Not realizing the wrath we’ve subjected ourselves to
Time is of the essence, inching closer to our final gloom
If we would only change our minds and decide to live in the day
Allow the truth to prevail because heaven is at stake
Don’t permit indulgence to overshadow legitimacy
With certainty I proclaim
The seemingly good will come to an end
History will repeat itself, the prophecy begins
The night falls and the Sun rises
Lasting and standing tall will be the righteous.

No comments:

Post a Comment